1952 Topps Mantle PSA NM-MT+ 8.5, Multiple PSA Registry Sets, unopened wax highlight 3-Day, 3,000-lot event Dec 5-7
DALLAS, Texas (November 4, 2019) –The world’s largest collectibles auctioneer will unleash a massive offering of over 3,000 trading card lots in its latest Fall Sports Card Catalog Auction, closing in Extended Bidding format on December 5-7. Aggregate bids are expected to approach the $10 million mark.
Leading this charge will be a spectacular representation of the post-war hobby’s most important entry, the 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle #311. Assessed at a soaring PSA NM-MT+ 8.5, this ultra-clean specimen from the Rosen find should account for nearly one million dollars of the final tally.
Heritage will continue to defend its status as the hobby’s leading source for PSA Registry sets with a half-dozen broken down to their individual components and thus shedding their current rankings in the top three. Highlights include the finest-ever assemblies of the 1909 E95 Philadelphia Caramel, 1910-11 M116 Sporting Life, 1916 Famous & Barr, and 1951 Parkhurst Hockey sets.
After the roaring success of rare 21st century insert cards in Heritage’s Summer Platinum Night event, the industry leader will return with a pair of LeBron James rookies from the 2003-04 Exquisite issue, each expected to command solid six-figure prices.
Collectors of unopened material will consider this a can’t-miss event, as more than 100 of virgin wax and cello will include such coveted examples as 1952 Topps Baseball 5-Cent Wax Pack, a 1959 Topps Baseball Cello Box and a 1986-87 Fleer Basketball Wax Box.
Other highlights include:
- 1910 E98 "Set of 30" Honus Wagner (Black Swamp Find), PSA Gem MT 10 – finest example known
- 1911 C55 Georges Vezina #38,
- 1915 Cracker Jack Ty Cobb #30, PSA NM-MT 8
- 1916 M101-5 Sporting News Jim Thorpe (Blank Back) #176, PSA NM-MT 8
- 1922 E121 American Caramel Babe Ruth (Holding Ball), PSA Mint 9
- 1925 Exhibits Lou Gehrig, PSA VG 3
- 1948 Leaf Rocky Graziano #50, PSA EX-MT+ 6.5 – finest known
- 1957 Topps Bill Russell #77, PSA NM-MT 8
- 1960 Hemmets Journal Cassius Clay (Muhammad Ali) Rookie #23, PSA Gem Mint 10 - finest example known to the hobby
- 1993 SP Derek Jeter #279, PSA Gem Mint 10
Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world’s largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, London, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
The Internet’s most popular auction-house website, HA.com, has over one million registered bidder-members and searchable free archives of four million past auction records with prices realized, descriptions and enlargeable photos. Reproduction rights routinely granted to media for photo credit.