Bid in The Heritage Sports Auctions July 18-20, 2019 Summer Sports Card Catalog Auction . There are 2,200+ lots of items slated for the auction block. Bid, view and register at sports.ha.com. The world’s largest sports collectibles auctioneer has launched its largest trading card auction in years, featuring more than 2,000 lots of cardboard commemoratives from a vast array of eras, sports and brands. Most notable in this event is the debut offering of The David Hall T206 Collection, featuring the most comprehensive compilation of entries and rare backs from the celebrated tobacco issue ever assembled.
Sports Collectibles Session 1: Lots: 80001-81735 10:00 PM CT, Thursday, July 18
Sports Collectibles Session 2: Lots: 81736-81923 10:00 PM CT, Friday, July 19
Sports Collectibles Session 3: Lots: 81924-82248 10:00 PM CT, Sunday, July 20
“This is our first three-session sports card auction,” said Chris Ivy, Director of Sports Auctions for Heritage. “It will close on consecutive nights from July 18-20, and we’ll be accepting consignments at the National Sports Collectors Convention in Chicago for those who might wish to submit as payment toward invoices.”
The post-war era’s most celebrated ballplayer will garner several of the sale’s highest prices once the final hammer falls, with three Mickey Mantle entries—1953 Topps, PSA Mint 9, 1951 Bowman, PSA NM-MT 8, and 1952 Topps, PSA NM 7 – each expected to deliver six-figure results.
Heritage will also provide collectors of modern cardboard with its widest array of options in a Heritage catalog to date: dozens of 21st century rarities celebrating such active superstars as Mike Trout, Stephen Curry and Giannis Antetokounmpo.
Other highlights include:
- Extremely Rare C. 1866 Grotecloss Studio “Union of Morrisania” Team CDV,
- 1902-11 W600 Sporting Life – Type 1 Honus Wagner (Street Clothes), PSA VG-EX 4
- 1909-11 T206 Hindu-Red Ty Cobb (Red Portrait), PSA VG-EX 4 – One of only Six Known
- 1909-11 T206 Sweet Caporal 150/30 Eddie Plank, PSA VG 3
- A scarce 1933 Butter Cream Babe Ruth, PSA EX 5
- 1933 Goudey Napoleon Lajoie #106, PSA VG-EX+ 4.5
- 1958 Topps Bobby Hull #66, PSA NM-MT 8
- 1957 Topps Johnny Unitas #138, PSA NM-MT+ 8.5
- 1965 Topps Joe Namath #122, PSA NM-MT 8
- 2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Mike Trout Prospect Refractor Autograph 418/500 #BDPP89