Diverse offerings feature heavy 19th century presence, PSA all-time finest 1948-49 Leaf master set
After recording hundreds of world-record prices in its earthshaking September auction of the PSA all-time finest 1909-11 T206 set, Heritage will present a thrilling sequel in the form of its largest trading card auction to date as more than 2,200 lots will close in Extended Bidding format on Nov. 15-16.
“The massive prices in the T206 sale inspired a tidal wave of consignments to this sale,” said Chris Ivy, Director of Sports Auctions at Heritage. “The result is the largest and most diverse trading card auction of 2018.”
The Dead Ball Era comes to life with more than 100 19th-century lots, including a recently discovered collection of N172 Old Judge cards, multiple N690 Kalamazoo Bats, an N403 Yum Yum Tim Keefe (est. $10,000-up) and a pair of N142 Duke Cabinets. Memorabilia from the 20th century begins with a selection of W600 Sporting Life cabinets and a new-to-the-hobby 1907 Seamless Steel Tubes Co. Ty Cobb postcard (est. $20,000-up).
Candy card connoisseurs will compete for a mint example of Babe Ruth’s E121 American Caramel (est. $50,000-up) a wide array of singles and group lots from Topps, Goudey, Play Ball and the No. 1 all-time finest 1948-49 Leaf Master Set. And, as always, the fabled 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle will defend its hobby supremacy, as multiple examples will find new owners, including a glorious PSA NM-MT 8 specimen (est. $400,000-up), which is fresh to the hobby.
Heritage Auctions’ Fall Sports Catalog Auction is now open and will close in extended bidding format beginning at 10 p.m. Central Time, Nov. 15-16, on HA.com
Other highlights include:
- Fresh to the hobby find: a 1959 Topps Baseball (4th Series) Cello Box With 36 Unopened Packs (est. $60,000-up)
- 2000 Playoff Contenders Tom Brady Championship Ticket Autograph #144, Numbered 82/100 (est. $60,000-up)
- A Gem Mint 10, 1969 Topps Mickey Mantle (Yellow Letters) #500, PSA, (est. $50,000 – up)
- 2000 Upper Deck SPX Tom Brady Spectrum #130, PSA Gem Mint 10, #5 of just 25 known to exist (est. $50,000-up)
- 1976 Topps Walter Payton #148 (est. $40,000-up)
- A unique 1951 Topps Major League All-Stars Yogi Berra (Hand Cut Proof), PSA Authentic (est. $40,000-up)
- The highest graded 1909-11 T206 Sweet Caporal 350/25 Cy Young (Glove Shows), PSA NM-MT 8 (est. $30,000-up)
- 1957 Topps Bill Russell #77, PSA NM-MT 8 (est. $25,000-up)
Bidding now open. Register and bid today. Click here.