The opening lot is an incredibly rare, high-grade 1961 Fleer basketball card set. Every card has been professionally encapsulated and graded by PSA at a tremendous “MINT 9.” This set has the second-highest-weighted GPA on the PSA set registry and is perhaps the most sought-after basketball set ever offered within the hobby. Superstars represented in the set include Wilt Chamberlain, Hal Greer, Sam Jones, Oscar Robertson, Lenny Wilkins and Paul Arizin. Lot 1. Opening bid: $25,000
Two basketball legends, Richie Guerin and Pete Maravich, wore the very same #19 Atlanta Hawks jersey; one as he was ending his Hall of Fame career and the other as he was just beginning his. In this sale Grey Flannel offers “Pistol” Pete Maravich’s 1970-71 NBA game-used rookie debut jersey that was also worn by Richie Guerin during the prior season. The style was retired at the start of the 1970 regular season. This hardwood rarity worn by two Hall of Famers has been graded a perfect 10 by Photo-Match.com due to its outstanding condition and rarity. Entered as Lot 42, the jersey has a minimum opening bid of $10,000.
Jerry Rice is widely considered to be the greatest wide receiver in NFL history. Grey Flannel will auction the photo-matched San Francisco 49ers jersey Rice wore during his greatest statistical game on December 18, 1995 in primetime on Monday Night Football. Rice caught 14 passes for 289 yards and scored three touchdowns in a 37-30 shootout victory over the Minnesota Vikings. You’d be hard pressed to find a better Rice example than this hobby-fresh piece from the Hall of Famer’s most legendary NFL game. Cataloged as Lot 206, the jersey requires an opening bid of $2,500.
Additional highlights Include:
● Paul Arizin's Personal NBA's 50 Greatest Players Signed Lithograph (Arizin 1/1)
● 1980 Topps Scoring Leaders Bird, Erving, Johnson (PSA-Graded GEM MT 10)
● 12/16/2012 Aaron Rodgers Green Bay Packers Game-Used Road Jersey (PSA/DNA • Graded 10 Photo-Matched)
● Emile "Butch" Bouchard 1947 First NHL All-Star Game "All-Stars" Game-Worn Jersey (Graded 9.5 • Bouchard LOA)
● Outstanding Abraham Lincoln Signed 1863 Naval Commission Document (Full PSA • Signed As President With Full ''Abraham Lincoln'' High-Grade Signature)
● 1952 Paul Arizin NBA All-Star Game Eastern Conference Game-Used Durene Jersey (Arizin LOA • All-Star Game MVP)
● 1961 Fleer Jerry West #43 (PSA Graded GEM MT 10 • Pop 3)
● 1968-1969 Sam Jones Boston Celtics NBA Finals Game-Used & Autographed Road Jersey (Graded 10 • Photo-Matched To 24 Point Game 7 Championship Clinching Performance & Final Jersey)
● 1925 Paul "Pee-Wee" Wanninger New York Yankees Game-Used Road Flannel Jersey (Direct Family Provenance • Year That Gehrig Pinch-Hit For Wanninger To Start The Streak)
● Late 1960s Willie Mays San Francisco Giants Game-Used Mitt (Originally Sourced From Mays)