(Boston, MA) The auction house, established in 1976, will offer more than 650 sports-related items, in a variety of formats – cards, signed baseballs, game-worn jerseys, Olympics memorabilia and more. The auction features highly desirable and PSA-certified baseball cards, including a large selection of fresh-to-market cards from a lifelong collector.
Card highlights will include:
- Encapsulated single cards from the 1800s –
- Lot 9018: 1895 N300 Mayo’s Ed Delehanty (Delahanty)
- Lot 9004: 1887 N172 Old Judge John Ward
- Lot 9014: A large single card 1888 N173 Old Judge Cabinets Jim O’Rourke, in throwing pose
- Encapsulated high-grade post-war cards –
- Lot 9152: A 1967 Mets Rookies Bill Denehy/Tom Seaver
- Lot 9153: A 1968 Mets Rookies J. Koosman/Nolan Ryan
Other formats featured:
- Lot 9462: An autographed candid photo of young Muhammad Ali (signed Cassius Clay) at the 1960 Olympics speaks to RR’s reputation as the industry leader in autographed collectibles
- Lot 9407: A 1955 World Series ring, when the Dodgers broke the streak of the Yankees
- Lot 9435: A tear-away game uniform shirt from Chicago Bears football player Brian Piccolo
- Lot 9641: A gold winner’s medal from the 2004 Athens Summer Olympics
Auction preview goes live May 18; bidding from June 14-21. For more information, click here.