Among the thousands of incredible items that were up for bidding, some of the highlights of the auction included:
- A 2003-04 UD "Exquisite Collection" LeBron James signed patch rookie card (graded NM-MT+ 8.5 by PSA) sold for an eye-popping $1,572,000. This price is unsurprising given LeBron James is one of the greatest of all time, and since this is the only example of this incredibly significant card graded at its tier in the PSA population report, with only a single card graded higher. This card is also notably the first "Exquisite Collection" rookie card of LeBron James that was ever produced.
- A 2021 Tom Brady signed Tampa Bay Buccaneers jersey, which Brady wore on Jan. 3, 2021, just a few weeks before he won Super Bowl LV in Tampa, sold for $480,000 setting an all-time record for any game-used NFL jersey. This jersey is the only one we know of that Brady inscribed "G.O.A.T.", for "Greatest of All Time" on, which suggests that it is truly one of a kind – a one of one. This is an incredibly unique item from one of the greatest athletes of all time and one of the most important cultural figures of a generation.
The auction also includes several record-breaking sales for tickets, an area of the hobby that is seeing increased interest:
- A 1958 World Cup Sweden ticket stub from Pele’s debut game on 6/15/1958 (PSA PR 1 MK) sold for $36,000, an all-time record for any soccer ticket.
- A 1977 Diego Maradona full Argentina ticket stub from international debut game on 2/27/1977 vs. Hungary (PSA GOOD 2) sold for $33,720, an all-time record for any Diego Maradona ticket.
- A 1989 ticket stub for Ken Griffey Jr.'s MLB debut for the MLB Opening Night game of the Seattle Mariners at Oakland A's (PSA FR 1.5) sold for $20,400, an all-time record for a Ken Griffey Jr. debut ticket.
- A 1992 David Beckham senior debut ticket stub at Manchester United vs Brighton On 9/23/1992 (PSA PR 1) sold for $15,027, an all-time record for any David Beckham ticket.
- A 2003 Portugal International Friendly full ticket from CristianoRonaldo's Debut Game vs. Kazakhstan (PSA NM-MT 8) sold for $9,066, an all-time record for Cristiano’s Portugal debut ticket.
For more information about prices realized from this auction or to find out more information about the next Goldin auction, visit https://goldin.co/.