Mile High Card Company's Auction closes Next Week: October 1.
Mile High Card Company current auction is open for bidding. The auction includes sports cards and memorabilia, unopened wax, game used jerseys, and much more. To bid, call or visit www.milehighcardco.com. The auction runs through Wednesday, October 1, 2008.
Huggins and Scott Auctions: Upcoming Worldwide Sports Memorabilia auction begins October 5.
Averaging over two million dollars per sale over their last three auctions, Huggins and Scott has completed preparations for their upcoming worldwide sports memorabilia catalog auction that will begin October 5. Visit www.hugginsandscott.com.
1969-70 Topps Basketball Set: An Essential Hoops Series
Topps "Tall Boy" issues have been popular with collectors over the years. The oversized format makes for great condition challenges and excellent eye-appeal when the cards are found in great condition. These large-sized cards were produced for football, hockey and basketball sets that Topps released during the 1960s. While basketball was the last sport where Topps used the Tall Boy format, the set has, arguably, made an even greater impact than the previously-released hockey and football sets. With so few basketball card issues to choose from, the 1969 Topps basketball set became one of the most desirable issues on in the hobby, anchored by the Lew Alcindor rookie card. In the following piece, we take a look at this essential hoops series. Click here to read on.
Catching up with Craig Grebeck
For those of you familiar with former MLB player Craig Grebeck, most recall a solid infielder who made his travels throughout the league, playing for several teams during his long career. What most people do not know is that Grebeck, like many of the readers, is an avid collector. Grebeck's collection is comprised of a wide variety of items as he collects everything from signed memorabilia from his former teammates to PSA graded cards of his idol - Roberto Clemente. In the following interview, Grebeck shares some of his most memorable moments from his career, his thoughts about collecting and what it was like to go deep against a Hall of Fame legend. Click here to read more.
PSA SET REGISTRYSM SPOTLIGHT
HPR - The Number One Current Finest Topps 1960's Run Hockey Mega Set
While this 1030-card mega set is not yet 100% complete, this collector's set is nearly there at 93.79%. We don't imagine that the current 8.94 set rating will last for long, as this collector has continuously upgraded his set since registering earlier this year. The key-card in this set is the Mikita rookie card, which this collector has in a PSA 8. Upon viewing, one can see several cards in this set that are the finest graded examples. Very nice! Click here to view.
New Set Registry Special!
1960-Present - Sports and Non Sport Cards - For cards Valued under $100 - 10 Card Min - $6 each. Click here for details.
V2 Software Enhancements:
- Mass Deletions: You are able to delete inventory in the same way you add inventory. NOTE: If you have sold a set that is at least 90% complete and you want it to remain in the All Time Finest category, you should delete the set rather than delete the inventory items. This will keep your set completion factor intact. Follow the instructions for Delete a Set in My Sets. If you have items that are in more than one set, then retire all of your sets in My Sets without deleting your inventory. Then you can use Mass Inventory Deletion, which can be found in My Inventory, to remove the items from your inventory.
- "Show All" in My Collection: For large set composites, you now have the option when you are viewing your set in My Set Registry to show all the items in the set on one page instead of being forced to go from page to page.
Benefits for Free Submissions Expanded
We are now offering expanded benefits for those larger sets that are being completed. Here is the complete list:
If the set composition is 1-50 cards or tickets you are entitled to 1 free grading.
If the set composition is 51-150 cards or tickets you are entitled to 2 free gradings.
If the set composition is 151-300 cards or tickets you are entitled to 3 free gradings.
If the set composition is 301-750 cards or tickets you are entitled to 5 free gradings.
If the set composition is 751-1500 cards or tickets you are entitled to 6 free gradings.
If the set composition is over 1500 cards or tickets you are entitled to 7 free gradings.
For information about how to submit your request for free submissions, visit the Benefits page.
New Set Composites Online
- 1962 Venezuela Topps Baseball
- 1965 Topps Master Baseball
- 1978 Hostess Hand-Cut Baseball
- 1988 Minnesota Twins Team Issue Baseball
- 2006 Topps Allen and Ginter Mini Baseball
- 2007 Silver Slugger Team Baseball
- Bert Campaneris Basic Set
- Bert Campaneris Master Set
- Tom Downey Basic Set
- Tom Downey Master Set
- Mike Greenwell Basic Set
- Mike Greenwell Master Set
- Ozzie Guillen Basic Set
- Ozzie Guillen Master Set
- Rickey Henderson Basic Topps Set
- Rickey Henderson Master Topps Set
- Magglio Ordonez Basic Set
- Magglio Ordonez Master Set
- Magglio Ordonez Basic Topps Set
- Magglio Ordonez Master Topps Set
- Albert Pujols Basic Set
- Albert Pujols Master Set
- Red Schoendienst Basic Set
- Red Schoendienst Master Set
- Alan Trammell Basic Set
- Honus Wagner Basic Set
- Honus Wagner Master Set
- Topps California Angels Team Cards
- Topps Los Angeles Dodgers Team Cards
- 1988 Topps Detroit Tigers
- 1990 Topps Detroit Tigers
- Chris Hanburger Basic Set
- Chris Hanburger Master Set
- Jack Kemp Basic Set
- Jack Kemp Master Set
- Jerrel Wilson Basic Set
- Jerrel Wilson Master Set
- 1977 Topps Mexican Baltimore Colts
- 1977 Topps Mexican Buffalo Bills
- 1977 Topps Mexican Chicago Bears
- 1977 Topps Mexican Cincinnati Bengals
- 1977 Topps Mexican Denver Broncos
- 1977 Topps Mexican Houston Oilers
- 1977 Topps Mexican Minnesota Vikings
- 1977 Topps Mexican New England Patriots
- 1977 Topps Mexican New Orleans Saints
- 1977 Topps Mexican San Diego Chargers
- 1977 Topps Mexican St. Louis Cardinals
- 1977 Topps Mexican Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- 1991-92 Score Rookie/Traded Hockey
- 1926 Spalding Champions Wrestlers Misc Sports
- 1982 Wrestling All Stars A Misc Sports
- 1988 Maxx Charlotte Racing - Basic Misc Sports
- 1939 R. and J. Hill Ltd. Famous Ships Non-Sports
- 1960 Buymore Sales Treasure Island Non-Sports
- 1964 Donruss Combat Non-Sports
- 1982-83 Edmonton Oilers Home Games Tickets
- Brickyard Allstate 400 Tickets (1994-Present)
- Summer Olympics - Basic Set Tickets (1896-Present)
Visit the Set Registry News page and learn which set composites have been recently added to the Registry and other Set Registry news.
Fun, informative, and sometimes controversial, the PSA Set Registry Messageboard is the place to get involved with other collectors who are currently participating in the Set Registry program or are just beginning. Click here to chat on the Set Registry Messageboard.
The PSA Set Registry is a work in progress and we invite your comments and ideas. Send your suggestions to [email protected].
Question: Do "Phantom" tickets have value?
Answer: In short - yes. Phantom tickets are tickets that were manufactured but never used in an event. They may be a result of a World Series that only goes 4 or 5 games, leaving the 6th and 7th game tickets unused. They may also be a result of an event that never happened, whether a team made tickets for a postseason appearance that never materialized or a boxing match that was cancelled. While these tickets do make for wonderful conversation pieces, most of the time, they do not carry great monetary value since they are often considered a novelty more than anything else.
|Have your sports autographs authenticated by PSA/DNA. Submission forms are available online at the PSADNA web site. Just click here.
||Find out what your cards are really worth. Subscribe to the Sports Market Report and have it delivered to your door every month. Click here.
||Join the PSA Collectors Club today! Just click here to learn about the many benefits of membership.
Philadelphia Sports Show
Greater Reading Expo Center
United States of America
September 26 - 28, 2008
- PSA representatives will be available to answer questions and accept submissions for all levels of service. PSA/DNA autograph experts will be available to authenticate your previously signed autographs on-site at the PSA Booth.
- Ball grading will now be available on site.
Historic Auctions Buy Show
Renaissance Vinoy Resort and Golf Club
St. Petersburg, FL
United States of America
October 18, 2008
- PSA/DNA autograph experts will be available to authenticate your previously signed autographs 9:00 a.m.-3:00pm.
Collectors Universe Public Friday
Collectors Universe Lobby Area
1921 East Alton Avenue
Santa Ana CA 92705
United States of America
October 24, 2008
- PSA and PCGS representatives will be available to answer questions and accept submissions for all levels of service from 10am to 4pm
- Please call Customer Service 888-469-2646 for more details
For more information about PSA services,
call PSA Customer Service at (800) 325-1121 or visit www.psacard.com.
Advertise with PSA and PSA/DNA
© 1999 - 2008 Collectors Universe. All Rights Reserved.
We offer a wealth of advertising opportunities both online and print.
Please contact Rebecca Tran, Director of Advertising at [email protected], 800-447-8848 ext. 356 or directly at: 949-892-8604.