To submit your item to the QuickOpinion™ service,
You will be given easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions.
The fee for the QuickOpinion™ service is $10.00 per item
Please click here for full terms of service.
What Is It?
QuickOpinion™ is a service of Collectors Universe, Inc., the leading name in collectibles authentication. Our service enables you to get the opinion of the autograph industry's leading authenticators as to the genuineness of an item being offered for sale on the eBay web site. QuickOpinion™ is making this service available at a nominal cost to provide bidders with valuable knowledge to help them make informed buying decisions.
- How Does It Work?
- How Long Does It Take?
- What Do You Get for Your Money?
- What If QuickOpinion™ Cannot Render an Opinion?
- What Do I Do After I Buy the Item?
- Terms and Conditions of Service
How Does It Work?
- On www.ebaysports.com and other conspicuous locations on eBay, and the PSA/DNA home page (www.psacard.com), you will find a QuickOpinion™ link which will take you to the Request Page.
- Once there, simply enter the eBay item number for the autographed item in which you are interested, and make a fast and easy payment of $10.00.
- The item listing page will be forwarded [via e-mail] to our highly qualified experts for an online examination.
- Within 24-48 hours, you will receive an e-mail with their opinion on whether they feel the item is "likely genuine," or "likely not genuine."
How Long Does It Take?
Please note: QuickOpinion™ currently takes 24-48 hours.
While we will make every effort to examine all items submitted, requests for opinions on items closing in less than 24 hours will, in all likelihood, be too late for us to examine. With most auctions lasting 5 or 7 days, we encourage you to promptly submit all opinion requests.
What Do You Get for Your Money?
For your $10.00, you will get a qualified opinion based on an expert's examination of the scan. The opinion will be either "likely genuine" or "likely not genuine," based on the following standards:
Likely genuine: Our expert believes that the item, if physically submitted to CU's PSA/DNA division for examination, would likely receive a PSA/DNA certificate of authenticity.
Likely not genuine: Our expert believes that the item, if physically submitted to PSA/DNA for examination, would likely not receive a PSA/DNA certificate of authenticity.
Because the quality of scans varies, and because often the only way to be absolutely sure an item is genuine is to physically examine it, the opinion offered will be non-binding. In other words, you will not receive a certificate, or guarantee of authenticity. You will get our experts' candid reaction to the item based on the quality of the information presented in the lot listing.
What If QuickOpinion™ Cannot Render an Opinion?
If QuickOpinion™ is unable to render an opinion, we will provide a refund to your account.
There are several reasons we will not be able to render an opinion:
If the scans are inadequate, [e.g. too small, poor focus, bad lighting] then we will not be able to give an opinion. A good rule of thumb to keep in mind is if YOU can't see it very well, neither can we. Please don't send requests for items that cannot be clearly seen.
Out of our area of expertise. While our experts are the best in their field, they cannot authenticate the signature of every personality, in every field/sport, throughout all of history. If the item bears the signature of an extremely obscure sports figure, we may not know.
Note that if the auction is closing in less than 24 hours, we may not have the time to examine the item. We will render an opinion regardless of the time the auction closes as long as we opine within our 48 hour turnaround obligation. Once an item is reviewed and opined our system will automatically charge you for the services rendered. Please plan your request for a Quick Opinion accordingly.
What Do I Do After I Buy the Item?
If you are the successful bidder and ultimately purchase the item, you have the option to physically send it to our experts for a formal and complete examination.
If we receive the item within 90 days of the close of the auction, you will be entitled to a credit of $10.00 off our regular authentication fee. All you have to do is attach a copy of your paid QuickOpinion™ invoice to the PSA/DNA submission form.
After the in-person examination takes place and your item(s) are deemed authentic, you will receive a Certificate or Letter of Authenticity from the industry's most respected and marketable name in authentication. To take advantage of the full PSA/DNA authentication service and to view all the benefits this service provides, please visit our Submission Center.
It is important to understand that the QuickOpinion™ program is just that. For the very low fee of $10.00, you will get the assistance of the most respected experts in the autograph authentication field, taking a quick look at the autograph in question, giving you their unbiased opinion. You should be fully aware that this opinion is NOT GUARANTEED and that errors are possible.
Terms and Conditions of Service (Important!)
- Customer's engagement of Collectors Universe ("CU")'s QuickOpinion service is subject to all relevant terms and conditions of the eBay User Agreement.
- CU will endeavor to render opinions within a reasonable time frame after receipt, but disclaims any liability whatsoever to Customer for damages (including incidental or consequential damages) allegedly due to CU's failure to render an opinion within any time frame.
- CU will not render opinions with respect to items consisting of (a) autographs NOT listed on the QuickOpinion Autograph Schedule or, (b) autographs that in CU's opinion are damaged and/or their scans illegible. Fees paid to CU for such items shall be refunded to Customer.
- Only items received within 90 days of the close of the auction will be entitled to a credit of $10.00 off CU's regular authentication price.
- Certification and authentication involves individual judgments that are subjective and require the exercise of professional opinion, which can change from time to time. CU does not guarantee that any opinion rendered by QuickOpinion will agree with the opinion(s) of any other autograph experts, or with the opinion rendered by CU itself should the item be submitted for physical inspection immediately following purchase or at any time in the future. Therefore, CU makes no warranty or representation and shall have no liability whatsoever to Customer for the opinion rendered by QuickOpinion with respect to any item, including but not limited to losses or damages incurred by any person as a result of relying upon any QuickOpinion opinion in connection with the purchase (or non-purchase) or sale of any item. CU further disclaims any liability whatsoever for losses or damages incurred by any person as a result of the reproduction and/or use of any QuickOpinion opinion by third parties not connected with CU including, but not limited to eBay sellers.
- QuickOpinion opinions are non-transferable, and Customer agrees to the following with respect to dissemination of any opinion Customer receives from QuickOpinion with respect to any item: (a) not to disclose QuickOpinion's opinion to any third party; (b) that QuickOpinion's opinions are confidential and may not be reproduced or distributed without PSA's express permission; (c) that eBay is authorized to remove any unauthorized disclosure of a QuickOpinion opinion from eBay's site.
- Except as expressly set forth herein, CU disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, regarding the QuickOpinion service.
- The courts of Orange County, California shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to Customer's use of QuickOpinion, and THE PARTIES IRREVOCABLY WAIVE THEIR RIGHTS TO A TRIAL BY JURY WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUCH CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM. The court shall award to the prevailing party, in addition to any other relief deemed appropriate, the prevailing party's attorney's fees and costs of litigation, whether or not those are otherwise available to the prevailing party by statute.