PSA SET REGISTRYSM SPOTLIGHT
jeffrey's baseball hi-lites - The Number One Current Finest 1960 Nu-Card Hi-Lites Set
According to this collector, this set is not only fun to collect, but educational as well. Each card in this set depicts a great moment in baseball. From Babe Ruth's "3 Homers in a Series Game" to Nellie Fox's "American League M.V.P." card, this set is truly historical. This set composite requires 72 cards for completion with a finest possible of 8.76. This collector has completed this set with a rating of 7.77. While there is room for improvement, the set is already filled with an ample amount of "Top Pops". Within this grouping 4 are the finest graded examples. Very Nice! Click here to enjoy.
PSA Set Registry Awards Deadline Postponed
The new version (V2) of the PSA Set Registry is expected to launch mid-May. Because we would like some time to resolve any problems that may occur and give members a chance to familiarize themselves with V2, we are postponing this year's PSA Set Registry Awards deadline from May 30th to Friday, June 13th. If you have a set that may be in contention, any updates must be made by 6/13/08 at 2pm PST. The awards presentation will still occur as planned at the PSA Set Registry Luncheon on Friday, August 1st at the National Sports Collectors Convention in Rosemont, Illinois. Email invitations will be sent out to all registry members approximately 6 weeks before the luncheon.
PSA Set Registry V2 Update
We continue to make good progress on the new PSA Software, version 2 (V2). Here are some of the new features:
- Add inventory one card at a time or in batches
- Inventory tracking with price paid and source
- Easy image loading with no size restrictions
- Add multiple sets directly from your inventory
- What if? feature to allow you to see what the addition of a card will do to your ranking
- Collectors Showcase divided into categories and collections easier to locate
- Ability to post comments on other members' sets
- PSA submissions can be viewed within "My Set Registry" and you will be able to add new cards to your inventory, directly from the order screen
In preparation for our launch, there are a few things you should know.
Usernames vs. Logins
When we launch V2, you will be required to login using your email address and password. Your username will no longer be valid as a login. However, your username will be seen by your image albums and various other places in the Registry. Many of you are using your email address as your username. If you do not wish your email address to be viewable to the public, please login to your account in the next few weeks and update your username to something other than your email address. For example, if you name all of your sets the same thing, you might want to use that name as your username. The Smith Collection can be SmithCollection or Smith_Collection as the username. To update your account, go to http://www.psacard.com/Membership/login.html.
We are doing our best to ensure that sets and inventory import into V2 as accurately as possible. Where a card might be registered in the wrong slot, it will filter to the correct slot to match the corresponding spec number. However, there may be some cases where no spec number is associated with your card. In that case, the card will import to your inventory but not into your set. Once we launch, please review your sets. If you find a card from your inventory is missing in your set and cannot be added, please contact the registry customer service at email@example.com. We will handle these cases on a first come first served basis. Please allow us a little extra time during the first 30 days after launch to address your requests.
Panels, Leader cards, Combos
V2 does not support the addition of a second same spec number to any set. This will affect sets such as the 1951 Berk Ross, 1951 Topps Blue Back and 1962 Topps CFL. These sets have been updated so that panels are associated with the first name on the holder. For example, the Johnny Pesky/Bobby Doerr panel is associated with the Johnny Pesky slot. The Pat Claridge/Steve Cotter panel is associated with the Pat Claridge slot. This change will also affect a few cards in the HOF sets where the same card has been used in two different slots. For example, the 1941 Double Play Johnny Mize-39, Enos Slaughter-40 card can only be used in the Johnny Mize slot, the first name on the card. We are working with our IT department to figure out a work around on these types of situations. Should you wish to use your panel for a different player than it is slotted for, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that in the HOF sets, leader cards and combo cards will only be assigned one slot. In most cases, those slots will be filled in by user request on a first come basis. Therefore, if you are planning to purchase a leader card or combo card for your HOF set, check with customer service first to make sure the card is not already assigned to a particular player. You will also be able to determine this yourself by using the new "What if?" feature.
New Set Registry Special!
1972-Present Modern Special - 10-card minimum -$5 each/Sports and Non-Sport cards valued under $100. Click here for details.
Visit the Set Registry News page and learn which set composites have been recently added to the Registry and other Set Registry news. The following are new set composites added to the Registry:
- 1946 Remar Bread Oakland Oaks Baseball
- 1997 Topps Screenplays Premium Series Baseball
- 1999 Bowman Certified Autographs Baseball
- 2001 Finest Origins Refractors Baseball
- 2006 Topps Heritage Chrome Black Refractors Baseball
- 1955 Topps Baltimore Orioles
- 1960 Topps Boston Red Sox
- 1955 Topps Chicago Cubs
- 1955 Topps Chicago White Sox
- 1955 Topps Cincinnati Redlegs
- 1955 Topps New York Giants
- 1955 Topps St. Louis Cardinals
- 1955 Topps Washington Nationals
- 1951-1960 Topps Decade of Senators
- 1975 Topps Milwaukee Brewers
- 1989 Topps Detroit Tigers
- 1986 Topps 1000 Yard Club Football
- 1995 Zenith Z-Team Football
- Jon Arnett Basic Set
- Nolan Cromwell Basic Set
- Troy Aikman Rookie Set
- 1964-1973 Topps Decade of Chiefs
- 1978 Topps Denver Broncos
- 1988 Topps Kansas City Chiefs
- 1889 W. Duke Sons & Co. Actors & Actresses (N70)
- 1890 Mayo Prizefighters
- 1973 Fleer AHRA Race USA
- 1888 Allen & Ginter Birds of America (N4)
- 1936 Strange True Stories (R144)
- 1939 Murray Sons & Co. Bathing Belles
- 1939 W. S. Corp. Heroes of the Sea (R67)
- 1966 Somportex Thunderball James Bond
- 1970 Donruss Fiends and Machines
- 1973 Topps Ugly Stickers
- 1975 Shock Theater
- 1976 Donruss Space 1999
- 1980 Donruss Dukes of Hazzard
Bookmark these important links!
To request a new set:
To request a card addition to an established player set:
To delete a card from all sets at once: http://user.collectors.com/psa/set_registry/delete_items.chtml
To update your email address:
Fun, informative, and sometimes controversial, the PSA Set Registry Messageboard is the place to get involved with other collectors who are currently participating in the Set Registry program or are just beginning. Click here to chat on the Set Registry Messageboard.
The PSA Set Registry is a work in progress and we invite your comments and ideas. Send your suggestions to email@example.com.