Have your sports autographs authenticated by PSA/DNA, this country's foremost autograph authentication service. Submission forms are available online at the
PSADNA web site.
Just click here.
Find out what
your cards are
Subscribe to the
Sports Market Report and have it delivered to your door every month. Click here.
Join the PSA
click here to learn about the many benefits of membership.
Dozens of Hall of Fame Uniforms to Highlight Heritage Signature Sports Auction!
Heritage Auction Galleries' Sports Collectibles division will present a fabulous array of vintage sports memorabilia and trading cards in their upcoming May 5, 2007 Signature Auction to be held in Dallas, Texas. Click here to read about it.
Eighty Years of That Lindy
If you could afford the stratospheric fare, doing it aboard the Concorde -- crossing the Atlantic, that is -- was a breeze. But back in 1927, flying from the United States to Europe was a very big deal, indeed. It took considerably longer than 3.5 hours, there was no fine china or vintage wines, and, until Charles A. Lindbergh came on the scene, no one had ever made the trip alone. Click here for more details.
Introducing SportsCardLink: The Internet Sports Card Exchange
April 1, 2007 was baseball's opening day and it was also opening day for SportsCardLink: The Internet Sports Card Exchange. SportsCardLink is a full-service, automated exchange for vintage sports cards, specializing mainly in professionally graded cards from the late 1800s through the 1970s. Click here for more details.
Fact or Fiction: The Babe Used Bats That Were Less Than 35 Inches
For years, collectors and authenticators have referred to an article written by Babe Ruth for Louisville Slugger that discusses his use of their bats and his thoughts on what constitutes a good gamer. In the article, Ruth talks about the pros and cons of the length and weight of the bats he used during his career. Click here to read on.
The Magic and Bird Era Begins: Collecting the 1980-81 Topps Basketball Set
For years, the 1980-81 Topps Basketball set appeared to be an "original" product that failed. With cards boasting three player panels, this series was largely ignored by collectors. But a lot of things have changed in the 26 years since this set was released. Basketball has become more popular. And Larry Bird, Julius Erving and Magic Johnson -- all featured on one card in the 1980-81 set -- have evolved into court legends. As a result, the 1980-81 Topps set is now considered one of the most desirable basketball issues ever produced. Click here to read more.
PSA SET REGISTRY SM SPOTLIGHT
Mike W - The Number One Current Finest 1887 Allen & Ginter (N28) Set
In 2005, Mike Wasserman received a "Best of the Registry" certificate. Then last year, Mike was awarded "Best Vintage Miscellaneous Sports Set of the Year" with a GPA of 7.86. His set now has a GPA of 7.92, far above the next ranked set. What makes this set so interesting, in addition to the sheer age of the cards, is that it contains a variety of sports personalities. Like the 1932 US Caramel and 1933 Goudey Sport Kings sets, this issue features all types of sports. It contains everything from baseball to boxing to billiards. A number of cards in the set are "Top Pops." In fact, the Maurice Daly, Joseph Dion, Joe Lannon, Wallace Ross, and E.A. Trickett cards in the set are the single finest graded. Congratulations and keep up the great work! Click here to view.
Hurry! Set Registry Special Ends 4/30!
$13 per card/5 business days (approx.) - cards valued under $500. No Minimum. Click here for details.
Visit the Set Registry News page and learn which set composites have been recently added to the Registry and other Set Registry news. The following are new set composites added to the Registry:
- 1963 Jell-O Baseball
- 1998 Topps Roberto Clemente Reprints Baseball
- 1998 Topps/Finest Roberto Clemente Reprints Baseball
- 1999 Fleer Mystique Established Baseball
- 1999 Upper Deck Black Diamond Diamond Dominance Baseball
- 2002 Topps 1952 Reprints Autographs Baseball
- 2002 Topps Ebbets Field Seat Relics Baseball
- 2002 Topps Ebbets Field/Yankee Stadium Seat Dual Relics Baseball
- 2002 Topps Yankee Stadium Seat Relics Baseball
- 2004 SPx Swatch Supremacy Signatures Baseball
- 2004 Topps Series Seats Relics Baseball
- 2004 Topps Series Stitches Relics Baseball
- 2004 Topps World Series Highlights Baseball
- 2005 Topps Cracker Jack Secret Surprise Mini Autographs Baseball
- 2005 Topps World Champions Red Sox Relics Baseball
- 3000th Strikeouts Club
- All-Time Red Sox
- All-Time Yankees
- Cal Ripken Jr. Rookie Set
- Ichiro Suzuki Basic Set
- Ichiro Suzuki Master Set
- 1956 Topps Chicago White Sox
- 1956 Topps Cincinnati Redlegs
- 1956 Topps Detroit Tigers
- 1956 Topps New York Giants
- 1956 Topps St. Louis Cardinals
- 1956 Topps Washington Nationals
- 1964 Topps Boston Red Sox
- 1964 Topps Chicago Cubs
- 1968 Topps Minnesota Twins
- 1948 Topps Magic Photo Basketball Thrills
- 1959-60 Hawks Busch Bavarian Basketball
- Len Wilkens Master Set
- 1976-77 Topps Philadelphia 76ers
- 1948 Kelloggs Pep Football
- 1970 Topps Super Square Corner Proof Football
- Ray Nitschke Basic Set
- Ray Nitschke Master Set
- Phil Simms Basic Set
- Phil Simms Master Set
- 1956 Topps Pittsburgh Steelers
- 1970 Topps Buffalo Bills
- 1977 Topps Mexican Detroit Lions
- 1977 Topps Mexican Oakland Raiders
- 1978 Topps Buffalo Bills
- 1986 Topps San Francisco 49ers
- 1985-86 O-Pee-Chee Montreal Canadiens
- 1948 Topps Magic Photo Wrestling
- 1911 American Tobacco Lighthouse Series T77
- 1965 Universal Picture Monster Pins
- 1968 Donruss The Flying Nun
- Fiesta Bowl Tickets 1971-Present
- Gator Bowl Tickets 1946-Present
- Liberty Bowl Tickets 1959-Present
- Outback Bowl Tickets 1986-Present
- Peach Bowl Tickets 1968-Present
Bookmark these important links!
To request a new set:
To request a card addition to an established player set:
To delete a card from all sets at once: http://user.collectors.com/psa/set_registry/delete_items.chtml
To update your email address:
Fun, informative, and sometimes controversial, the PSA Set Registry Messageboard is the place to get involved with other collectors who are currently participating in the Set Registry program or are just beginning. Click here to chat on the Set Registry Messageboard.
The PSA Set Registry is a work in progress and we invite your comments and ideas. Send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Question: Why are there so few sports collectibles conventions these days?
Answer: Great question. There are a host of reasons for the drop in shows. First, the Internet has had a huge impact. Collectors can buy and sell without leaving their home, which is much more convenient. Second, auctions have become a major part of the industry, leaving little material left for straight sale at shows. Finally, show promoters are looking for ways to appeal to collectors but, for the most part, shows haven't changed much since the 1980s... with one exception: attendance is clearly lower.
See PSA at These Upcoming Shows!
PSA Public Friday
1921 E. Alton Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
April 27, 2007
For more information on PSA Public Friday, click here.
For more information about PSA services, call PSA Customer Service at (800) 325-1121 or visit www.psacard.com.
PSA Public Friday
- PSA representatives will be available to answer all your questions and accept submissions for all levels of service for PSA and PSA/DNA.
10am - 4pm
© 1999 - 2007 Collectors Universe. All Rights Reserved.
JP's Sports & Rock Solid Promotions
Westchester County Center
198 Central Ave.
White Plains, NY
May 18-20, 2007
For more information on the JP's Sports & Rock Solid Promotions, click here.
JP's Sports & Rock Solid Promotions
- PSA representatives will be available to answer all questions and accept submissions for all levels of service.
- PSA/DNA autograph experts will be available to authenticate your previously signed autographs on-site at the PSA Booth.