The Comic-Con SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Comic-Con Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Collectors Universe, Inc. and related companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Collector's Universe, Inc., a Delaware corporation ("Sponsor").
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules in a timely manner.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on July 23, 2014, at 1:00:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time ("PDT") and ends on July 27, 2014, at 1:00:00 p.m. PDT. Entries received outside of the Entry Period will be disqualified.
- ENTRY: You can enter in one of two ways: (i) get the barcode from your Comic-Con badge scanned on-site at the PSA booth; or (ii) send an email to [email protected] providing your first and last name, mailing address, daytime phone number, email address, and age. There is no cost to register. Only one (1) entry per person will be accepted. Once submitted, the entry cannot be modified, deleted or returned. Non-conforming entries are void and will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services or "bots") or multiple email addresses will void all entries by that entrant.
- WINNER SELECTION/ODDS: Winner will be selected in a random drawing on July 27, 2014, at 1:00:01 p.m. PDT from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by telephone, email and/or mail. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within ten (10) days after the first attempt to make contact, potential winner will be deemed to be ineligible and disqualified. In such event, Sponsor will draw an alternate, potential winner at random from all remaining entries received.
- REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER: Except where prohibited, the potential winner once contacted will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release"), within ten (10) days of being notified. If potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, potential winner will be deemed to be ineligible and disqualified. In such event, Sponsor will select an alternate, potential winner at random from all remaining entries once received.
- PRIZE: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE consisting of a Godzilla portrait painted and signed by artist Arthur K. Miller with an approximate retail value of $1,500.00.
- PUBLICITY/LICENSE: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration, unless prohibited by law.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsor, may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules, or (b) cancel the Sweepstakes and award the prize via random drawing from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor's failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with that submitted address.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt from any prize, unless prohibited by law. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, Sponsor's liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall Sponsor be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees or expenses; and (c) entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: For the winner's name, which will be available after July 27, 2014, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 1921 East Alton Ave., Suite 200, Santa Ana, CA 92705. All requests must be received by September 22, 2014.