Laguna Niguel, Calif. (July 26, 2013) – SCP Auctions is proud to announce that their summer auction is now live. From now until August 10th the featured collections will be available and will include prominent items from MLB greats Bill Russell, Rick Dempsey, Bret Saberhagen, and Benito Santiago, and Part II from NBA great John Havlicek. The auction will also include a special collection of Yankees memorabilia, a 1929-30 Babe Ruth game used bat, multiple Super Bowl rings, and rare cards.
Russell played for 17 years with the Los Angeles Dodgers, winning the 1981 World Series and playing in three All-Star Games. Russell's collection consists of 46 lots including:
- 1977 Los Angeles Dodgers National League Championship Ring
- 1978 Los Angeles Dodgers National League Championship Ring
- 1981 Los Angeles Dodgers Personal World Series Trophy
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers Personal World Series Trophy
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Series Clubhouse Line Up Cards vs. Oakland A's (All 5 Games) Includes Kirk Gibson Walk-off Home Run Game 1
Dempsey was the No. 1 catcher for the Baltimore Orioles until 1986. He was named the World Series MVP in 1983 and was part of the Los Angeles Dodgers 1988 World Series team. His collection includes his 1979 Baltimore Orioles American League Championship Ring and his 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Series Championship Ring.
Saberhagen, a two-time Cy Young Award winner, was the youngest player in history to win pitching's most prestigious honor. The Kansas City Royals ace also earned 1985 World Series MVP honors, was a three-time all-star and Gold Glove winner. Part two of his collection will include a multitude of trophies, awards and game used items.
Havlicek played 16 seasons with the Boston Celtics, winning eight NBA titles. A 13-time NBA all-star, Havlicek is among the most decorated and admired basketball players in college and NBA history. Havlicek's second part to his collection includes:
- 1970's Boston Celtics Home White Game Worn and Signed Jersey and Shorts
- Numerous Game Worn Jersey's
- 1983, 1985, and 1988 All-star rings
This auction will also include over 120 lots of unique New York Yankees memorabilia including various game worn, game used, and autographed Yankee memorabilia from the last 15-years. The collection will include:
- 2011 Derek Jeter Signed Game Used Baseball from his Historic 3000th Hit Game on July 9, 2011
- 2011 Derek Jeter Signed Game Used First Base from his 3000th Hit Game (Bottom of 6th Inning) Hit #3002
- Historic 2011 Derek Jeter Game Used and Signed on Deck Circle From Jeter's 3000th hit game on July 9, 2011
- 2010 Derek Jeter Signed New York Yankees Game Worn Home Jersey with George Steinbrenner III "The Boss" and Bob Sheppard "The Voice of Yankee Stadium" Patches
Other auction highlights include:
- 1920-30 Babe Ruth H&B Professional Model Game Used Bat (Scored Handle and Barrel) With Family Provenance Attributing it to Three Home Runs (PSA/DNA GU9)
- 1916 Famous & Barr #151 Babe Ruth Rookie VG PSA 3 (1/1)
- 1934 Goudey #37 Lou Gehrig Gem Mint SGC 10 (1/1)
- 1980-81 Topps Basketball #34 Larry Bird Rookie/174, Julius Ervine SL/139, Magic Johnson Rookie Pristine BVG 10 (1/1)
- Super Bowl Rings
- 1991 Washington Redskins Super Bowl XXVI Championship Ring Issued to Player Bobby Wilson
- Travis Jervey's 1996 Green Bay Packers Super Bowl XXXI Ring
- 1988 World Champion Denver Broncos Super Bowl XXXII Ring Awarded to Executive and Former NFL Player Tom Ramsey
Bidding is open to registered bidders now and concludes on Wednesday, August 10. The auction will be conducted online at SCPAuctions.com. For more information on how to participate, visit www.scpauctions.com or call (949) 831-3700.