Professional Model Glove Authentication Process
STEP 1: EXAMINATION
- Determine whether or not the labeling is correct
- Determine the labeling period
- Compare results with recorded ranges for each athlete
- Assess Game Use Traits
- Determine if glove is original or has been restored
STEP 2: ANTI-COUNTERFEITING
Covert Tagging - Once a glove is deemed genuine, the item is marked with invisible ink which contains a synthetic DNA sequence/combination specific to PSA/DNA. The DNA-laced taggant can only be detected in a scientific lab or with a proprietary infrared laser, the invisible DNA-ink will glow "GREEN." More importantly, the chances of replicating this exact sequence is 1 in 33 trillion!
Overt Tagging - A label bearing an alphanumeric serial number is applied on the item in a discrete location or on the Letter of Authenticity. The choice is yours. Interestingly enough, this label was specifically designed to checkerboard when tampered with and can be completely removed! In addition, the label is non-destructive and does not harm your valuable item.
STEP 3: CERTIFICATION
Letter of Authenticity - A detailed letter on your authenticated piece is composed and issued with your item. The letter features:
- A high resolution photo of your exact submission
- A summary on the characteristics of your glove on why it is genuine
- Personal review and hand signature from John Taube and Dennis Esken
- PSA and PSA/DNA watermarks custom embedded into the paper stock to prevent counterfeiting; simply hold the LOA against a lamp and look for the official PSA and PSA/DNA logos
- Six digit alphanumeric serial number that matches the tamper evident label
STEP 4: DOCUMENTATION
All authenticated memorabilia is available online for verification. Simply visit Cert Verification and enter the alphanumeric serial number. The verification page will display:
- The item
- Model Number
- Use Attributes
- Photo (if available)
Gloves that do not meet our requirements and, in our opinion, are of questionable authenticity will receive a "NO PASS" designation. Thereafter, the glove is returned to you.
Occasionally, our experts cannot express an opinion on a glove. These will be designated as "Inconclusive" and a credit voucher will be issued in the full amount of the authentication fee. This voucher can be used towards future submissions.