PSA SET REGISTRYSM SPOTLIGHT
JoesterBobbyOrrSuperSet - The Number One Current Finest Bobby Orr Basic Set
Before there was Wayne Gretzky, there was Bobby Orr. This set composite requires 23 cards for completion with a finest possible of 9.27. This collector has not only completed this set with a rating of 8.82, but has populated it with a large amount of "Top Pops". Included in this group is Bobby Orr's rookie card which is the finest graded example. It's no wonder this collector has surpassed last years' "Best of the Registry" winner. If you take a moment to view this set, you will see that each card is imaged. Congratulations!
Click here to enjoy.
Half Grade Calculations
If you submit your cards to PSA for re-grade and they are upgraded, your certification number will remain the same and you will not need to re-add the card to your set. However, you will need to validate your set in order for the GPA and Rating to be updated. Once you have your grades, please login, go Edit Set, bring your set up, and validate!
PSA Set Registry V2
We are making very good progress on the new PSA Software, version 2 (V2). We expect to begin beta testing in 2-3 weeks. Here are some of the new features:
- Add inventory one card at a time or in batches
- Inventory tracking with price paid and source
- Easy image loading with no size restrictions
- Add multiple sets directly from your inventory
- What if? feature to allow you to see what the addition of a card will do to your ranking
- Collectors Showcase divided into categories and collections easier to locate
- Ability to post comments on other members' sets
- PSA submissions can be viewed within "My Set Registry" and you will be able to add new cards to your inventory, directly from the order screen
In preparation for our launch, there are a few things you should know.
Usernames vs. Logins
When we launch V2, you will be required to login using your email address and password. Your username will no longer be valid as a login. However, your username will be seen by your image albums and various other places in the Registry. Many of you are using your email address as your username. If you do not wish your email address to be viewable to the public, please login to your account in the next few weeks and update your username to something other than your email address. For example, if you name all of your sets the same thing, you might want to use that name as your username. The Smith Collection can be SmithCollection or Smith_Collection as the username. To update your account, go to http://www.psacard.com/Membership/login.html.
We are doing our best to ensure that sets and inventory import into V2 as accurately as possible. Where a card might be registered in the wrong slot, it will filter to the correct slot to match the corresponding spec number. However, there may be some cases where no spec number is associated with your card. In that case, the card will import to your inventory but not into your set. Once we launch, please review your sets. If you find a card from your inventory is missing in your set and cannot be added, please contact the registry customer service at [email protected]. We will handle these cases on a first come first served basis. Please allow us a little extra time during the first 30 days after launch to address your requests.
Panels, Leader cards, Combos
V2 does not support the addition of a second same spec number to any set. This will affect sets such as the 1951 Berk Ross, 1951 Topps Blue Back and 1962 Topps CFL. These sets have been updated so that panels are associated with the first name on the holder. For example, the Johnny Pesky/Bobby Doerr panel is associated with the Johnny Pesky slot. The Pat Claridge/Steve Cotter panel is associated with the Pat Claridge slot. This change will also affect a few cards in the HOF sets where the same card has been used in two different slots. For example, the 1941 Double Play Johnny Mize-39, Enos Slaughter-40 card can only be used in the Johnny Mize slot, the first name on the card. We are working with our IT department to figure out a work around on these types of situations. Should you wish to use your panel for a different player than it is slotted for, please contact [email protected].
Note that in the HOF sets, leader cards and combo cards will only be assigned one slot. In most cases, those slots will be filled in by user request on a first come basis. Therefore, if you are planning to purchase a leader card or combo card for your HOF set, check with customer service first to make sure the card is not already assigned to a particular player. You will also be able to determine this yourself by using the new "What if?" feature.
Hurry Set Registry Special Ends April 30th!
1972-2002 Modern Special - 10-card minimum/Sports and Non-Sport cards valued under $100. Click here for details.
Visit the Set Registry News page and learn which set composites have been recently added to the Registry and other Set Registry news. The following are new set composites added to the Registry:
- 1959 Venezuelan Topps Baseball
- 1991 O-Pee-Chee Premier Baseball
- 1997 Topps Screenplays Baseball
- 2000 Topps Hank Aaron Reprints Baseball
- 2000 Topps Limited Hank Aaron
- 2006 SP Legendary Cuts Chronology Baseball
- 1964 Topps Cincinnati Reds
- 1961 Fleer Magic Message Blue Inserts Football
- 1961 Nu-Card Pennants Football
- 2005 Finest Xfractors Football
- 1977 Topps Atlanta Falcons
- 1977 Topps Baltimore Colts
- 1977 Topps Cincinnati Bengals
- 1977 Topps Cleveland Browns
- 1977 Topps Denver Broncos
- 1977 Topps Detroit Lions
- 1977 Topps Houston Oilers
- 1977 Topps Kansas City Chiefs
- 1977 Topps Minnesota Vikings
- 1977 Topps New England Patriots
- 1977 Topps New York Giants
- 1977 Topps New York Jets
- 1977 Topps San Francisco 49ers
- 1977 Topps St. Louis Cardinals
- 1977 Topps Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- 1887 Allen & Ginter Arms of All Nations (N3)
- 1888 W. Duke Sons & Co. Cowboy Scenes (N105)
- 1890 W. Duke Sons & Co. Bridges (N102)
- 1992 Star Pics Saturday Night Live Autographs
Bookmark these important links!
To request a new set:
To request a card addition to an established player set:
To delete a card from all sets at once:
To update your email address:
Fun, informative, and sometimes controversial, the PSA Set Registry Messageboard is the place to get involved with other collectors who are currently participating in the Set Registry program or are just beginning. Click here to chat on the Set Registry Messageboard.
The PSA Set Registry is a work in progress and we invite your comments and ideas. Send your suggestions to [email protected].