PSA SET REGISTRY SM SPOTLIGHT
Peter Cate - The Number One Current Finest 1973-74 Topps Hockey Set
For three years running, Peter Cate has received the "Best of the Registry" certificate for his 1973-74 Topps hockey set. The rating for Peter's set is 8.75 which is quite an accomplishment considering the finest possible set rating is 8.93. This means a high percentage of the cards registered in this 198-card set are "Top Pops." Even more remarkable is that the Gregg Sheppard #8, Garry Unger #15, Bill Flett #20, Barry Gibbs #30, Gerry Hart #34, Jim McKenny #39, Dallas Smith #42, Tracy Pratt #54, Steve Vickers #57, Dennis Hull #60, Fran Huck #63, Ivan Boldirev #68, Jean Ratelle #73, Gilles Gilbert #74, Blackhawks Team #96, Islanders Team #101, Billy Harris #130, Craig Cameron #147, Curt Bennett #152, Juha Widing #156, Oland Kurtebach #157, Gary Dornhoefer #167, Steve Durbano #168, Dennis Kearns #173, Bill White #180, Gary Sabourin #184, and Series A #191 in this set are each the single finest card graded. Click here to view.
Set Registry Special!
Please note that PSA has recently made a modification in the labeling of the 1909-11 T206 baseball set. PSA is now designating the many different back varieties in this set. As these are newly recognized and previously not cataloged in our database, you may receive an error message pertaining to a spec # not being associated with this set. Please allow 1 business day for the spec # to be added. Once the set has been updated, you will be able to add your card. As a reminder, the spec #'s are PSA's internal numbering system and are how the Registry recognizes valid cards for the sets.
All Tickets • $10 per ticket • No maximum value • 10 ticket minimum. Click here for details.
Visit the Set Registry News page and learn which set composites have been recently added to the Registry and other Set Registry news. The following are new set composites added to the Registry:
- Scott Rolen Basic Set
- Scott Rolen Master Set
- 1960 Topps Detroit Tigers
- 1962 Topps Detroit Tigers
- 1974 Topps Detroit Tigers
- 1979 Topps Detroit Tigers
- 2006 Topps Texas Rangers
- George Mikan Master Set
- Ken Stabler Basic Set
- Jack Youngblood Basic Set
- 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams
- 1958 Topps Chicago Bears
- 1960 Fleer Los Angeles Chargers
- 1971 Topps Los Angeles Rams
- 1974 Topps San Diego Chargers
- 1976 Topps San Diego Chargers
- 1986 Topps Los Angeles Rams
- 1986 Topps San Diego Chargers
- 1970-71 O-Pee-Chee Vancouver Canucks
- 1985 Topps WWF
- 1887 Lone Jack Inventors and Inventions N365
- 1888 Duke Cigarettes Scenes of Perilous Occupations N86
- 1888 Duke Cigarettes Vehicles of the World N90
- 1889 Kinney Bros. Famous Running Horses American N229
- 1889 Kinney Bros. Great American Trotters N231
- 1890 Duke Cigarettes Holidays N80
- 1891 Allen & Ginter Fruits N12
- 1910 Hassan Arctic Scenes T30
- 1948 Kellogg's Pep Celebrities
- 1970 Topps Hee Haw
Bookmark these important links!
To request a new set:
To request a card addition to an established player set:
To delete a card from all sets at once:
To update your email address:
Fun, informative, and sometimes controversial, the PSA Set Registry Messageboard is the place to get involved with other collectors who are currently participating in the Set Registry program or are just beginning. Click here to chat on the Set Registry Messageboard.
The PSA Set Registry is a work in progress and we invite your comments and ideas. Send your suggestions to [email protected].