SET REGISTRY SPOTLIGHT
Big Shooter's WHA - The Number One Current Finest 1974-75 O-Pee-Chee WHA Hockey Set
We have a new award winner for this set for 2004. Big Shooter has captured the "Best of the Registry" award for his WHA set. He completed the set 7 months ago and continues to upgrade. His GPA is 8.03, well beyond the #2 set at 6.91. Big Shooter has added images of all of his PSA 9's and his 10! 50% of the set is "Top Pops!" Click here to enjoy.
PSA Set RegistrySM Award Results!
With nearly 12,000 sets registered at the time of the awards deadline, the judges had an extremely difficult time this year selecting the best sets for 2004. There are so many fantastic sets! There are collections in the Registry which are the finest ever assembled. After several days of review, the judges agreed on the 23 winners. The awards were given to registrants based on, but not limited to the following criteria: set popularity, difficulty, grade average, completion percentage, domination, and degree of competition within the set category.
We had 1,415 members who will receive the "Best of the Registry" certificate for being at least 65% complete and in the top spot! To view the list of winners for the "Best of the Registry" certificates and descriptions of the award-winning sets, click here
This year, Charlie Merkel received top honors and was inducted into the PSA Collector Hall of Fame. Ten great sets where also inducted. To view descriptions for the 2004 Hall of Fame inductees, click here
For information about the 2005 PSA Set Registry Awards, click here
Congratulations to all the 2004 Set Registry Award winners! You have truly achieved excellence.
Important Notice Regarding Missing Spec Numbers
If you attempt to add a card and you receive a message that states that the card does not have a spec number in the set, this does not necessarily mean that the card is not in the PSA database. In most cases, the card is in the database, but the identification number (spec number) is not in the Registry. The spec number is the way in which the program identifies that the card is correct for the set and allows for automatic validations. When this message occurs, simply email email@example.com with the name of the set and the certification number and the Registry staff will add the spec number to the set. You will be notified when you can add the card to your set. There will be a high occurrence of missing spec numbers in player sets, HOF sets, modern sets. In most cases, this is because there are many cards in these sets which have never been registered.
Set Registry Special!
$12/5-day for any card with a declared value under $1,000 - no minimum required. Click here for details.
Visit the Set Registry News page and learn which set composites have been recently added to the Registry and other Set Registry news. The following are new set composites added to the Registry:
- 1916 Boston Store (H801-8) Baseball
- 1994 Burger King Cal Ripken Jr. Gold
- 2002 UD Prospect Premieres UD Heroes of Baseball
- Willie Horton Basic Set
- Willie Horton Master Set
- 50 Greatest Sluggers by the Sporting News
- 1964 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers
- 1966 Topps California Angels
- 1966 Topps Cincinnati Reds
- 1966 Topps St. Louis Cardinals
- 1967 Topps Pittsburgh Pirates
- 1971 Topps Baltimore Orioles
- Bob Lanier Basic Set
- Bob Lanier Master Set
- Michael Ray Richardson Master Set
- Fred Biletnikoff Basic Set
- Fred Biletnikoff Master Set
- Charley Conerly Master Set
- Eric Dickerson Master Set
- James Lofton Master Set
- 1965 Philadelphia Green Bay Packers
- 1968 Topps Green Bay Packers
- 1978 Topps Miami Dolphins
- Bobby Hull Basic Set
- Bobby Hull Master Set
- 1887 Allen & Ginter N28 Boxing
- 1926 Spalding Champions Boxing
- 1996 Pacific Carlos Baerga Celebrities Softball
- 2004 Upper Deck National Trading Card Day-Multi Sport
- 1888 Allen & Ginter The American Indian N36
- 1888 W. Duke Sons & Company Great Americans N76
- 1890 H. Ellis & Company Generals of The Civil War N377
- 1936 Tarzan the Crystal Vault Of Isis
- 1948 Bowman Movie Stars
- 1954 Bowman US Navy Victories
- 1957 Topps Space Cards
- 1993 Magic the Gathering Arabian Nights
- 1993 Magic the Gathering Unlimited
- 2002 Topps Star Wars AOTC Widevision Autograph
Fun, informative, and sometimes controversial, the PSA Set RegistrySM Messageboard is the place to get involved with other collectors who are currently participating in the Set Registry program or are just beginning. Click here to chat on the Set Registry Messageboard.
The PSA Set RegistrySM is a work in progress and we invite your comments and ideas. Send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.