Hurricane Sandy Relief Lots Net $5,000 for American Red Cross Disaster Relief
WEST BERLIN, NJ - Nov. 19, 2012 - In its first auction, Goldin Auctions sold more than 600 lots of sports, history and pop culture memorabilia for more than $800,000. The auction, which was open for bidding from Oct. 15 through Nov. 17, 2012 also sold 15 special Hurricane Sandy Relief lots, donated by the company founders, raising $5,000 for the American Red Cross Disaster Relief.
"We are ecstatic over the success of our first auction as many of the lots far exceeded the pre-auction estimates," said Ken Goldin, Founder of Goldin Auctions. "It was obvious from the heavy bidding and flurry of late bids into the early morning hours on Sunday that there were many of the industry's most sophisticated collectors, as well as sports fans who have purchased from me for a number of years, participating in our auction. We started with a database of 100,000 collectors and are thrilled that so many of them bid upon items."
Some of the auction highlights include (sale price includes 10% buyer's premium):
- 1930's Babe Ruth Signed Bat - ($23,582)
- 1986 Barry Lyons NY Mets World Series Ring ($22,840)
- 1995-96 Michael Jordan Championship Season Game Worn Jersey ($22,413)
- 1950's Norm Van Brocklin Game Used Rams Helmet - ($16,105)
- 1977-78 Roger Staubach Game Used Jersey ($14,271)
- 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle rookie card (PSA 4) ($12,973)
- 2001 Drew Brees First NFL Game Worn Chargers Jersey ($12,973)
- 1934 NY Yankees Signed Baseball ($12,650)
- 2012 Derek Jeter Game Used Yankees Home Jersey ($11,274)
- 1993 Ricky Henderson Toronto W.S. Trophy ($9,434)
- 2009 Derek Jeter Game Used and Signed Bat ($8,982.60)
- 1864 Abraham Lincoln Signed Civil War Document ($8,576)
- 1994 Jerry Rice Signed & Inscribed Game Used Super Bowl Jersey ($8,256.60)
- 1992 USA Basketball Dream Team Signed Hall Of Fame Banner ($8,165.30)
- 1969-72 NY Jets Don Maynard Game Used Jersey ($7,603.20)
- 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels ($7,603.20)
- 2011 Adrian Peterson Game Used Jersey ($5,703.50)
- 2005 Robinson Cano Rookie Season Game Used Bat ($5,452.70)
- 1964 Topps Giant Set (PSA 9) - ($5,575.90)
- 1970 Pele Worn and Signed Brazil Jersey ($5,184)
- 1908 London Olympic Winners Medal ($4,712)
- Michael Jordan's American Express Card ($3,146)
- 2008 Derek Jeter Game Used Pants ($2,988)
- Personal collections from Philadelphia Flyers greats Bernie Parent and Dave Schultz were also highly sought after by collectors, as the eight items from the two Stanley Cup champions sold for more than $22,000. This included: 2012 Winter Classis Parent Mask ($6,902.50); 2012 Winter Class Parent Pads ($5,575.90); 2004 Flyers/Peter Max Artwork ($5,899.30); Parent Autographed Retired Number Banner ($4,840); Winter Classic Parent Goalie Stick ($1.210); 2012 Winter Classic Parent Jersey ($1,098); 1975 Schultz Skates ($2,134); and '74-75 Schultz Clarence Campbell Trophy ($1,948).
One of the most unique items in the auction, the Pete Rose Banishment Document, reached a high bid of $259,377 (including 10% buyer's premium). But unfortunately it fell short of the Reserve Price established by the seller and as a result was left unsold.
Goldin Auctions is planning its next catalog/phone/internet auction to open in January and close in February and is looking for high quality consignments including vintage trading cards, game used items, championship rings and watches, historical documents, golden and silver age comic books, and entertainment memorabilia. For information on how to consign an item, visit www.goldinauctions.com
Goldin Auctions has been launched with the goal of best serving collectors and consignors and holding itself to the highest standards in the industry. Some of the policies that make Goldin Auctions different include: an industry low 10% buyers' premium; all autographed items accompanied by an LOA from first party authenticators (such as MLB), PSA/DNA or JSA; game worn items accompanied by a team, player or MEARS/PSA/DNA or other full LOA; the assurance to collectors and consignors that they can bid with confidence that their proxy/ceiling bid remains confidential as Goldin Auctions has disabled that feature of the auction software -@ a practice not followed by many other online auction house.
About Goldin Auctions
Sports memorabilia impresario Ken Goldin has sold more than $600 million in memorabilia from many of the biggest names in sports, history and pop culture and was the pioneer of using the medium of television to sell sports memorabilia. With the launch of Goldin Auctions he will continue to break new ground and offer collectors the best in memorabilia. Goldin Auctions features only a 10% buyers' premium, one of the lowest rates in the industry. All autographed items come with LOA from first party authenticators or PSA/DNA or JSA.All game worn items come with team, player or MEARS/PSA/DNA full LOA or additional LOA. In addition to Ken Goldin, Goldin Auctions features a team of world-class memorabilia experts. For more information visit www.goldinauctions.com.